You will need to bring documentary evidence of any earned income and/or benefits, investment income etc. that the household you live in receives.
Documentary evidence includes:
- Benefit letters for you and/or your parent(s)/guardian(s). Benefit letters should be dated within the last 3 months (benefits we accept are listed below), plus a MOST RECENT bank statement OR
- MOST RECENT Tax Credit Award Notice – ALL PAGES REQUIRED, plus a MOST RECENT bank statement OR
- Employment payslips, either, 3 months if paid monthly, or 4 weeks if paid weekly, plus a MOST RECENT bank statement
- Evidence of students bank account, sort code and account number.
MOST RECENT bank statement requirements are as follows;
Bank statements provided must be in the name of the person(s) who is the named beneficiary on any benefit letters or payslips.
Bank statements should be dated no earlier than the month prior to the assessment of the bursary (e.g. if you apply in September the bank statement provided should be dated no earlier than August).
Benefits accepted for bursary applications
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit.
- Council Tax.
- Housing Tax.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.